I had heard positive reviews about Iraya soaps and seen them on jabong.com but got to use their lemongrass flavour only recently, when I called for a couple of handmade soaps, which happens to be my new found love, and for good reasons. A beautiful smelling lemongrass handmade Iraya soap that comes in transparent packaging is really good and definitely must-try. It does have a few issues though. Read on for the full review
- Palm Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Cane Sugar
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide
- Lemon Grass
- Mint Leaves
- Essential oil of lemon grass
The top ingredient, lemongrass has some highly beneficial properties:
- Lemongrass soap acts as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent, which means it is beneficial for pimple/acne prone skin.
- Lemongrass acts like a toner, minimizing pores of the skin and toning the tissues and muscles. It reduces wrinkles, so use the soap for a toned and clear complexion.
- Lemongrass has a calming effect, thus, bathing with lemongrass soap bar is the best experience one could ever have.
- Lemongrass contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help kill bacteria and is safe for children too.
- Using lemongrass soap can help fight poor body odor.
What I love about this soap:
- Its a lemony green bar with an awesomely refreshing lemon fragrance. Absoloutely love the fresh, citrus scent of this soap.
- It lathers well, unlike a few other handmade soaps.
- It does not dry or upset my sensitive skin.
- I love the mild fresh lemon fragrance that stays on my skin even after the shower.
- I have combination skin and so far this soap has worked well for me.
- Its perfect for a morning shower right before that big day at work.
What I dont like:
- The packaging was quite blah.
- I took off the packaging to photograph it and kept it open like other handmade soaps, but this one almost melted.
Priced at INR 195/- for a bar, this is definitely a good buy. 3.5/5